Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Personal Policies

There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world, and we're all doing so using our experiential and emotional repertoire, whether we're aware of it or not. I also have a few official policies I put into practice whenever the situation calls for it. They are as follows:
  • Don't sweat it. You'll never be able to remember the problem that feels like the biggest thing ever a year or two (or even a day or two) from now. Also, there are very few mistakes in life that cannot be corrected.
  • Pee early, pee often. I have to credit Andy for putting these wise words to my already strong feelings.
  • If a dress fits like it's made for you, you simply must buy it.
  • Buy something from kids (door-to-door or lemonade stands or what have you) whenever possible. This is also my mom's policy and it's a good one. I guarantee all involved will walk away happier.
  • Smell lilacs whenever you pass them. Every. single. time.
  • Never say no to bubbly. Unless you're driving, of course.
  • Write thank you notes. Nobody ever minded appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment