Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Traditions and The Swedish Folk Costume

Sometimes I feel like I do, or at least have done, all the typical Swedish traditions so when I get a chance to try something new, I get pretty pumped. Especially if that something new includes Swedes dressed up in folk costumes and singing and dancing around some vertical object. The Julgransplundring Jamie and some of our neighbors and I attended today was really just an indoor variation on Midsommar where we danced around a Christmas tree instead of a maypole, but it was super fun nevertheless. Mostly because of the costumes, I'm not gonna lie. I'm officially OBSESSED and making plans to make one a reality in my life. Stay tuned. And if I don't follow through, give me hell because I NEED to be wearing this at Midsommar, agreed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment