Sunday, January 10, 2016

Winter Sports

The Swede was ice-fishing today, his usual Sunday activity this time of year, so Jamie and I had planned on going to visit Erin and the boys, but when we woke up the news said that the roads were going to be bad. Disappointed, we decided that it was better to be safe than sorry and put off our visit until next weekend. A few hours later, we realized that the snow and freezing rain that had been predicted was never going to happen, but it was too late to change our minds so Jambo and I headed out into the cold. I pulled him on his snow racer down to the lake behind our house where we tested his skates on a patch of ice off of which one of our awesome neighbors had brushed the snow. It went well while it lasted, no frustration like we experienced (but failed to report) last year. But there were more fun things to be done, so we left the rink quickly and headed to a good sledding hill instead. We went up and down a bunch of times, played on a snowy playground, and ate some fresh snow when we got thirsty. And I wondered, how much are you supposed to love your kid? Because I totally think I'm going over the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment